This is a microwave single serve version of the flourless chocolate cake recipe I posted a while back. I should start by saying how much I despise low carb microwave cake recipes. Last year I went through 13 eggs in one day trying to get a microwave cake to work. I vowed to never test another microwave cake recipe ever again. The problem was that it nearly always came out different every time I tested. It was absolutely maddening.
I was very excited after trying this recipe out the first time. It was moist! I tested it a few times and it was consistent! I love that it has no flours. More importantly it tastes great (every single time!)
I had way more pictures than this but the sun was not cooperating with me. Lighting! It’s so important. I’m having one of those days where the minutes of the day are just bleeding away from me. I don’t even really think I got a fraction of what I wanted to do accomplished today! Once my kiddo gets home from school he basically confiscates the laptop for minecraft tutorials! If your kids have never played this game the app is only $7 for the pocket edition. But don’t do it. Seriously. You won’t be able to put it down and neither will your kids. Seriously, I have my own minecraft shirt now. It’s out of control.
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree (15 grams) (I used canned pumpkin puree made by Libby's.)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (16 grams)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp egg whites
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp sugar equivalent (I used 12 drops ez sweet)
- In a small bowl mix together all the igredients and make sure to combine completely. A whisk would work well but I used a fork and a spatula.
- Spray a round ramekin with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Microwave times are going to vary depending on how many watts your microwave is. The higher the watts the less time. My microwave is a 1200 watt microwave and it took 45 seconds. For lower watt microwaves cook for 1 minute and check the cake. If it's still wet in the center continue for 15 second intervals making sure to not over cook!!